Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"ABLAZE IN THE PARK"
Acrylic

It was a gorgeous Fall day in Aspen, Colorado and as usual I took time out to enjoy the colors. I remember taking this shot in an open field right below the Aspen Chapel and was excited to get to work painting it. I started the sketch with acrylic and soon found myself painting the typical landscape - blue sky etc, bored to tears, I quickly reached for a palette knife and allowed my memory of the experience of that day to take over - I was suddenly having fun. Ignoring the voices in my head about realism and anatomy details, I went instead for a suggestion of the forms, keeping in mind the importance of the painting…color, glorious color. The entire painting was painted with the palette knife.
I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment